The Cleveland Orchestra
Franz Welser-Möst, conductor
- Gerhard Siegel, tenor (Tristan)
- Nina Stemme, soprano (Isolde)
- Okka von der Damerau, mezzo-soprano (Brangäne)
- Ain Anger, bass (King Marke)
- Alan Held, bass-baritone (Kurwenal)
- Sean Michael Plumb, baritone (Melot)
- Matthew Plenk, tenor (Young Sailor/Shepherd)
- Francisco X. Prado, baritone (Steersman)
- Men of the Cleveland Orchestra Chorus
In Tristan and Isolde the 19th century’s Romantic Era reached its climax. Here, Wagner wrote powerful music unending longing (and unresolved harmony) – of a doomed love that reaches its full potential only through death. Renowned dramatic soprano Nina Stemme returns to Cleveland to join a cast of internationally acclaimed singers, together with the clarity and power of The Cleveland Orchestra.
Sung in German with projected English supertitles.